District Attorney Department, ICT fulfills the legal requirements of the ICT Administration including the Chief Commissioner Office, Deputy Commissioner Office and all of the departments attached thereto.
Objectives & Functions
Acts as Prosecution Department i.e:
- Scrutiny of challans of criminal cases and after rectification of curable lacunas, submission of the same to the courts.
- Prosecution of criminal cases in all criminal courts other than those of magistrates.
- Preparation of written statements, replies, comments on civil suits, appeals, revisions, reviews, petitions etc filed against District Administration, ICT, in all civil courts up to the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
- To pursue civil cases in District Courts, ICT.
- To submit legal opinion on all matters referred to by the District Administration, ICT, for the purpose.
- To render legal services on behalf of the District Administration, ICT, where-ever and when-ever required.
- To draft and vet laws (Acts, Ordinances, Rules, Regulations, Notifications etc) proposed for the Federal Capital/ICT.
- To make representation in the Standing Committees, Law Minister Office, Law Division and the Ministry of Interior on behalf of the District Administration, ICT.