Civil Defense Department, ICT aims to protect the citizens and the property of the state while creating an environment where people can actually prove themselves responsible citizens. Rescue services, crisis management, protection, and contingency planning are some of the areas covered by this department.
The Civil Defense Department enables the state to assess risks, which causes them to take precautionary measures, in most cases. Threats such as biological, chemical, conventional, wars, etc. can be prevented, or in extreme cases, delayed with the benefit of pre-planning and preparedness.
Objectives & Functions
- To reduce and minimize the number of causalities.
- To minimize damage and dislocation of essential services.
- To ensure uninterrupted production in industrial and business concerns.
- To provide active civilian support to war efforts.
- To maintain in the people a high standard of morale and strong Will to Win.
- Role in war emergency
- Role in emergency and manmade disasters
- Enrolment of volunteers as an auxiliary force
- Prevention of fire and other emergencies
- Bomb disposal
- Specifying fire and Civil Defence measures
- Safety inspections
- Training in the above areas