Cooperative Societies Department, ICT exercises supervision, control over the cooperatives housing societies based in Islamabad and regularly inspects and audits them in the interest of the members.
Objectives & Functions
As per Cooperative Societies Act, 1925, the key functions of the Cooperative Societies Department, ICT are as under:
- Registration of cooperative societies
- Liquidation of defunct societies
- Annual and special audits
- Conduct Annual General Meetings
- Elections of Managing Committees
- Arbitration, Appeals, Revision etc.
- Inquiries and Special Measures
- Recovery proceedings
- Supersession of Managing Committees