Motor vehicle registration is the registration of a motor vehicle with a government authority, either compulsory or otherwise. The purpose of motor vehicle registration is to establish a link between a vehicle and an owner or user of the vehicle. This link might be used for taxation or crime detection purposes. While almost all motor vehicles are uniquely identified by a vehicle identification number.
Notably, ICT Administration has also started a mobile registration service. The service can be availed through the official mobile app i.e. City Islamabad App. The Smartphone app offers number of mobile services to the users including token tax payment. You can also request for mobile registration through our dedicated helpline.
Following are the steps to be followed for registration of a new vehicle:
- Complete your documents as mentioned in the below section.
- Visit the designated Excise Inspector along with vehicle and documents for physical inspection and documents verification. Inspector will file his report on Form ‘F’ (manual) and sign the application.
- After verification of documents, visit our designated Data Entry Operator (DEO). If the documents found complete in all aspects then the DEO will further process the same, otherwise, he will inform the applicant about the ambiguities in the documents.
- DEO will issue the computerized form “F” which is required to be signed by the applicant for the authentication of particulars.
- Applicant will be required to pay the due fee amount on the same window to the designated DEO.
- DEO will take the vehicle document file and issue the vehicle registration receipt to the applicant.
- Number plates fee (in cash) shall also be deposited to the DEO.
Following documents shall be required from the applicant:
- Photocopy of CNIC of the applicant
- Application to the Excise & Taxation Officer for registration of new vehicle
- Proof of purchase, which can be either of the following:
- In case of locally manufactured vehicle, Sale Invoice, Sale Certificate and related documents will be required.
- In case of imported vehicle, Bill of Entry, Bill of Lading, old registration book and related documents will be required.
- In case of auctioned vehicle, auction voucher and related documents shall be required.
Utility Bills (i.e, electricity, sui-gas, etc.), CNIC, Lease Agreement, Registry, Allotment letter, office card/appointment letter (in case of Government servant) shall be acceptable as residential proof in Islamabad.
Fee and Taxes
Relevant fee shall be estimated through following formula:
- Registration fee + Advance Tax + Token Tax + Income Tax ( + Professional Tax for Commercial Vehicle).
- Late fee shall be implemented after 60 days delay in registration (starting from invoice date).
- Incase of special number allocation, special number fee shall be deposited. The schedule of the special number fee is available here or can be obtained from information counter.
- The rates of Income Tax and Token Tax (mentioned in schedule) shall be applicable for whole year starting from 1st July and ending to 30th June. Although, applicant shall pay Income tax and Token tax for the rest of the months according to the registration date.
|Vehicle Category||Engine Capacity||Value of vehicle|
|Private||999 cc and Below||01%|
|Private||From 1000 cc to 1999 cc||02%|
|Private||2000 cc and Above||04%|
|Commercial||999 cc and Below||01%|
|Commercial||1000 cc and Above||02%|
SCHEDULE FOR ADVANCE FEE – NEW VEHICLES
(Applies on Private & Commercial Vehicles)
|Engine Capacity||Filer (in Rs.)||Non-Filer (in Rs.)|
|Upto 850 cc||10000||10000|
|From 851 cc to 1000 cc||20000||25000|
|From 1001 cc to 1300 cc||30000||40000|
|From 1301 cc to 1600 cc||50000||100000|
|From 1601 cc to 1800 cc||75000||150000|
|From 1801 cc to 2000 cc||100000||200000|
|From 2001 cc to 2500 cc||150000||30000|
|From 2501 cc to 3000 cc||20000||400000|
|Above 3000 cc||250000||450000|
SCHEDULE FOR SPECIAL NUMBER FEE
|S No.||Registration Number(s)||Amount(in Rs.)|
|1||001, 005, 007, 123, 125, 786||5,000|
004, 006, 008, 009
|3||011, 022, 033, 044, 055, 066, 077, 088, 099||500|
|4||111, 222, 333,
444, 555, 666, 777, 888, 999
|FOUR WHEEL VEHICLE (PRIVATE)|
|7||005, 007, 111||100,000|
|8||002, 003, 004, 006, 008, 009||30000|
|9||333, 555, 777||50,000|
|10||222, 444, 666, 888, 999||30000|
|11||011, 022, 033, 044, 066, 077, 088,099||26,000|
|12||101, 123, 313, 514||20000|
|13||012, 014, 55, 092, 110, 512, 572||40,000|
|14||200, 300, 400, 600, 700, 800, 900||12,000|
|16||REMAINING TWO DIGIT NUMBERS
(i.e, 023, 043, 080, 093 etc.)
Director (Excise & Taxation)
Adjacent to HEC Building, Service Road, Sector H-9, Islamabad
Monday – Friday
08:00 AM – 01:30 PM
Calculate Your Fee
New vehicle Registration