Water Management Department is one of the major driving force for transforming the rain feed agriculture into a science based, vibrant irrigated agriculture in ICT. The department aims to maximize crop and water productivity by ensuring efficient conveyance, application and use of irrigation water viz-a-viz promoting water management interventions through user participation.
Objectives & Functions
- Utilization & Development of surface & ground water potential of the rural areas of ICT.
- Conversion of Barani Land into irrigated land through installation of water conveyance network and Construction of storage tanks.
- Provision of technical services for Operation & Maintenance of the schemes.
- Increase in Water Productivity and change in cropping pattern of the area.
- Efficient management of Water at Farm Level.
- Installation of Water Conveyance Network.
- Construction of Water Storage Tanks for enhancing the capacity of irrigation at farm level.
- Provision of alternate energy resources for water pumping.
- Exploitation of ground Water and Surface water resources.
- Mobilization of farmers through formulation of Water Users associations.